Movies and Documentaries to Spiritually make you Think!
For a few years, I held movie nights for a local church. We’d watch a movie together and come up with quotes that were remarkably “spiritual” and “motivating” for the movie. I’ve also used movies for children to expose spiritual concepts. Movies are extremely stimulating and connecting to the children. I would challenge the children depending on the age with a reward at the end of the movie, to find “aha” quotes and they would come up with some remarkable answers.
Here are some of the Movie titles we watched:
- Guardian of the Galaxy 1&2
- Ram Dass, Fierce Grace
- The Blind Side
- The Matrix
- Mr. Nobody
- yes man
- Peaceful Warrior
- Batman Returns (11+) (Really good messages in this)
- Phenomena (1985) (All ages) (Great movie and entering but not a lot of real good quotes)
- the last mimzy -(All ages) Great movie for kids and some good quotes
- (We watched a lot more… Will update soon)
An Inconvenient Truth (2006) – with Al Gore
I had my children and I watch this movie and challenge to find quotes for this documentary style movie. They were not as entertained as other movies but they did find some interesting quotes. THe following were quotes picked up from my 12-year-old.
- “What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just anint so.”
- “The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling, expedients of delays, is coming to its close. We are entering an era of consequences.”
- “As a kid, it took me a while to learn the difference between fun and work.”
(Have more notes from other movies. Will update soon)